COVID-19 UPDATE, Glen Innes Chapel Theatre
As from 6pm June 26th it is now compulsory to wear a mask in all indoor non-residential settings, this includes the Chapel Cinema. We encourage you to bring your own mask, however, we can provide one if necessary. The new restrictions mean that we are now limited to 80 patrons at each session. Seating will be staggered into alternate rows and patrons will be allocated seats. We also request that you remain seated for the duration of the movie. Whilst our canteen remains operational, we will not sell items during the movie, so please make your purchases before the movie starts. You are also required to sanitise and sign in on entry to the cinema. Thanks for your patience and understanding. By following these guidelines we hope to be able to keep the Cinema operational for the duration of restrictions.
We strongly recommend that patrons book tickets online prior to attending the show.
NSW Government now requires Cinemas and Theatres to capture patron details by digital means. We strongly recommend that our Patrons download the Service NSW App onto their mobile phones. We will be using the NSW Government QR Code to register Patrons details. If any patrons are unable to digitally sign in, we will be able to take details by alternate digital methods.
Ensuring your safety and the safety of our volunteers is our top priority. We'll be following government guidelines and we are putting a number of measures in place to make everyone more comfortable while enjoying the movies. We hope you help us follow these guidelines - we can't wait to welcome you back to Glen Innes Chapel Theatre!
What we are doing to make you more comfortable while visiting Glen Innes Chapel Theatre:
• Limited capacity: We’ve reduced the seat count in the cinema to give everyone more space. We’ll keep a minimum of 1-2 empty seats between patrons. Patrons must stay seated in their allocated seat during the film.
• Allocated seating: please make sure you are sitting in your assigned seat to maintain distancing rules. Seating maps have been reconfigured to ensure adequate distance between patrons.
• Volunteers wellness: Covid-19 training will be provided to all volunteers, and anyone who feels unwell won’t be attending their shift.
• Swap tickets if you’re unwell: If you have booked tickets to a film and are feeling unwell, please get in touch with us. We will be able to swap your ticket for another session.
• Increased hygiene measures: we have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all high traffic areas and commonly-touched surfaces.
• Hand-sanitising stations: we have installed hand-sanitising stations near entry and exit points of the cinema.
• Contact tracing: we’ll keep a record of who has visited the cinema in case we need to get in touch. We recommend booking tickets online.
• CovidSafe app: The Australian Government recommends downloading the COVIDSafe app to speed up contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19). To learn more about the COVIDSafe app go to: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covidsafe-app .
In the interest of protecting all visitors and our volunteers, please:
• Practise physical distancing
• Avoid close contact with other people
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
• Use hand sanitiser (on entry and exit of the venue and before and after eating)
• Sneeze or cough into your elbow
• The NSW Government highly recommends wearing a face mask and we more than happy for customers to wear a mask when they attend the theatre if it makes them feel more comfortable. It is not currently mandatory though
• Do not attend our venues if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID and/or have been in contact with a confirmed case
• Remain in your allocated seat for the performance
• Be understanding of our staff – they are there to help you enjoy your visit. Please don’t give them a hard time about the necessary changes to your theatre visit .